Kernen Construction’s prefabricated bridges are used in a wide variety of capacities and have proven to be a very cost effective solution for many of our customers. These bridges are our own design and are manufactured to the customer’s specifications.
These bridges hold many advantages over culverts or structural plate. For example, the prefabricated bridges are less expensive to install, they are maintenance free and easily assembled in less than two days. They also allow better fish passage than culverts, and protect streambeds and water quality during construction.
All bridges meet the following specifications:
- 30 – 90 feet lengths available
- 16 or 20 feet wide with a concrete deck
- Competitively priced
- Easily assembled, deck panels are bolted to stringers, no welding required
- Precast concrete abutments and deck
- Guard rail (standard feature)
- Fully engineered with U80 loading
- 160,000 single vehicle load rating
- Temporary or permanent installation
- Embedded steel strips to prevent damage to deck from tracked equipment
- Labor and equipment can be provided for installation
- Steel can be painted any color desired
- Deck Panels can be manufactured with colored concrete